|Violation of the following policies can result in immediate termination of accounts.
Users cannot assist or permit any persons in engaging in any of the activities described below on
Bard Web Hosting services.|
WEB SITE CONTENT AND ACCOUNT ACTIVITIES
EMAIL AND USENET
WEB PAGES AND SERVER PROCESSES
|Web Site Content and Account Activities|
- "Sexually Explicit Adult Content" or "Content Which Advocates The Sexual Exploitation Of Children" is
not allowed on Bard Web Hosting Servers, including pointing and linking to such content at other locations.
Bard Web Hosting will be the sole arbiter as to what constitues a violation of this policy.
- Users may not download or store illegal copies of commercial software (including ROMS and emulators). If we find illegal commercial software stored on our system, we will delete the files and immediately terminate your service.
- Trying to "hack" root or user logins on any machine is forbidden. Attempting to do so will
result in immediate account termination.
- Distribution of viruses, worms, Trojan horses, corrupted data or other harmful or damaging components
is not allowed and can result in termination of services.
- Users may not run packet sniffers or similar programs. Users may also not intentially omit, delete,
forge or misrepresent transmission information, including headers, return addressing information and IP
addresses or take any other actions intended to cloak the user's identity or contact information.
- IRC programs are not allowed. Users may not have IRC programs running at any time. This includes both
"Bots" and IRC sessions.
- Chat programs are not allowed on Bard Web Hosting servers, with the exception of the Business Conference Add on.
- Use of CU-SeeMe Reflector and EggDrop on Bard Web Hosting servers is not permitted.
- Users may not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of others. This includes
posting copyrighted materials or using trademarks of others without appropriate permission or attribution. Posting or distributing trade secret information of others in violation of a duty of confidentiality is not allowed.
- Violating the personal privacy rights of others is forbidden. This includes collecting and distributing
information about Internet users without their permission, except as permitted by applicable law.
- Users may not send, post or host harrassing, abusive, libelous or obscene materials or take any similar actions.
- Users may not use Bard Web Hosting services for any illegal purposes.
|Email and Usenet|
- Bard Web Hosting is committed to a zero-tolerance, anti-Spamming policy. Under this policy, we protect you by
prohibiting spam or any unsolicited commercial email from being sent either:
- Over the Bard Web Hosting network, by customers or any other users of the network AND/OR
- Over ANY network if the message sent advertises or mentions a site hosted on the Bard Web Hosting network.
- Users may not "spam" people via email. Spamming is defined as sending any unsolicited
(unwanted, unrequested) email. In addition, using your Bard Web Hosting account for the sale or distribution of
bulk email software or services is prohibited.
- Users may not "spam" or flood the usenet with a single post to a large number newsgroups
(10 or more) not related to the topic of your article., or make many posts with essentially the same
content to many different newsgroups.
- Users may not post off-topic messages to Usenet. This includes messages violating the specific
newsgroup's charter or purpose.
- Users may not make physical threats against another person via e-mail, news or any other electronic
media/service we provide.
- Users may not forge e-mail or news postings (to include cancel messages, whether manual or automated).
- Users may not run mailing lists from or through any of our machines or mail servers.
|Web Pages and Server Processes|
- Users must safeguard their account passwords as if they were credit card numbers or social security
numbers. If someone were to gain access to your account password, they could tamper with your files and
your email. Users requesting resending of account information or password resets must be able to provide
sufficient proof of identity/ownership. To protect your account security, Bard Web Hosting will only provide
information via e-mail or fax to the official addresses of record with Your Registrar or Bard Web Hosting; requests for
information to be sent to other locations must be accompanied by faxed identity information as requested
by Bard Web Hosting technical support. If your contact information
changes, we encourage to you contact Bard Web Hosting customer service
and Your Registrar to arrange a change in records.
- Users must comply with requests of Bard Web Hosting if we feel your account, programs you run or your password
is insecure. Failure to comply with security requests will result in suspension of your account until the
matter is resolved.
- Bard Web Hosting has a strong policy to respect and protect the privacy of its customers and their
information that is stored on Bard Web Hosting's Hosting Services. Bard Web Hosting will only access and disclose information
as necessary to comply with applicable laws and government requests, to provide the Bard Web Hosting Services,
to operate or maintain its systems or to protect itself or its customers.
- Users may not mount an attack against our system or any other systems. This includes but is not
limited to mail bombing (sending three or more unsolicited pieces of e-mail or files exceeding 500K),
"hacking" or attempting to gain root access, ping flooding, tsunami or flood bots or annoyance
utilities like "nuke" or "flash".
- Periodically, Bard Web Hosting will conduct routine maintenance of its servers. Customer's services may be
unable to transmit and receive data and the customer may be unable to access their services during this
maintenance. Customers agree to cooperate with Bard Web Hosting during the scheduled maintenance so that we may
keep such period or time to a minimum.